Followers

Monday, January 13, 2014

Baby It's Cold Out There!!

It's been one of the coldest months in recent history this week and I'm ready for summer!! With that being said though it kind of fits this week's challenge at Love to Create Challenge Blog, Center or Side Step Cards with Snowflakes!! This was such a fun challenge and I tried a step card that I have never ever done and it was definitely a challenge!! We also have a fantastic new sponsor ArtbyMiRan, if you haven't seen her work you are missing out because it is fantastic!!! I did a search for this card and there were several tutorials out there that I kind of took a little of all of them to make this and really thankful for all of those that put those tutorials together. Here's my card, hope you enjoy!
Isn't she beautiful!! This is Princess of Snowflake by ArtbyMiran. The base of this card is Bazzill, the digi was printed on Paper Trey Ink Card Stock, the die cuts were cut out of Bazzill and the Paper Studio cardstock. I used several different die cuts on this card, they were Spellbinder Grand Circkles, Spellbinder Fleur de Lis Rectangle, Cheery Lynn B1175 Mini Fanciful Flourish, Momenta Cut & Emboss Die Cuts. The punches that I used were EK Success Snowflake, the Paper Studios Snowflake and Martha Stewart Snowflake. The glitter on the snowflake crown and snowflakes on the digi is Stickles Star Dust and Baby Blue. I also used Versa Color - Cyan. Adhesive that was used were 3D Pop Dots, Xyron adhesive, Zig and ATG Adhesive.
Copics: B0000, B000, B00, B01, B02, G0000, G00, G02, C00, C1, C2, C3, BG000, BG02, BG05, BG70, BG72, E000, E00, E11, E15, E18, E93 and YR21
Here is a side view of the steps. One little trick that I had to do is tape a nickel under one of the steps to keep it straight. If I make many of this type of card I will have to find a washer or something that I can add to the card or each of the recipients of the card will think I'm a cheap money giver...lol.
 There's my card for this week's challenge at Love to Create Challenge's January 13th Challenge #98 Center or Side Step Card with Snowflakes. So now get your snowflakes ready and let us see some step cards!! Hope to see you at the challenge!!

Oh and I wanted to thank each of you great followers who stopped and sent me a birthday wish for my birthday yesterday. It really meant a lot that you took time out of your day to wish me a happy 51st birthday!!

4 comments:

Marianne Bickerton said...

Hi Zenita, I love this card, everything about it! A new follower here!!

Marianne Bickerton said...

Hi Zenita, I love everything about this card - a new follower here!!

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Zenita, love the card design and beautiful embellishments.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Cumbrianlass said...

This is stunning Zenita, the design is gorgeous as is the colouring.
Belated happy Birthday wishes.
Now following you have some wonderful creations on your blog
Janet xxx